Vivanterre Orange Contact SGS
Our wine is a blend of Gewurztraminer, Sylvaner and Sauvignon Blanc. The Gewurztraminer and the Sylvaner are sourced from Alsace, and the Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley.
Both the Gewurztraminer and the Sauvignon Blanc were macerated on their skins for 3 weeks and the Sylvaner was direct press.
The Sauvignon Blanc grapes come from the Touraine-Oisly sub-appellation of the Loire Valley, from a vineyard managed by Benjamin Delobel. The vineyard started organic conversion in 2013. The grapes come from 60-year-old vines planted in sandy soils that are rich in minerals with calcium, flint and clay. The grapes were destemmed and saw three weeks of maceration with pigeage, aged in stainless steel.
The Gewurztraminer grapes come from the village of Heiligenstein in Alsace and are picked from 35-year-old vines, planted on clay and blue slate. The whole clusters were then placed directly into stainless steel vats for two weeks of skin maceration, foot trodden, then racked into amphorae. The vineyards are farmed by the Goepp Family.
The Sylvaner grapes also come from Alsace, from a vineyard located in the village of Rosheim, that is rich in limestone, with 60-year-old vines. The Sylvaner comes from the vineyards of the Dreyer Family. The Sylvaner grapes were pressed, and the juice was added to the Gewurztraminer, which was macerating on its skins. There was no fining, filtering, or SO2 added during any phase of winemaking. Wines were aged until May 2021, when blending took place, just before bottling. The harvesting, wine making, and elevage was done by Patrick Bouju and Justine Loiseau.
The ABV of our 2020 Vivanterre Orange Contact SGS is 13.5%.
- Buy 3 for $33.33 each and save 2%
- Buy 6 for $33.33 each and save 2%
- Buy 12 for $33.33 each and save 2%
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days depending on how close you are to the San Diego, CA area. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of MI, MS, KY and UT. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.