Vivanterre Pink Petnat GSP
Our Pink Petnat GSP is a blend of both white and red grapes, 50% Gamay, 40% Syrah, and the last 10% is made up of Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Sylvaner. The resulting wine is lightly sparkling, dark rose, full of red fruit and spice, yet with structure and balance.
The Gamay grapes come from vineyards owned and farmed by Patrick Bouju and Justine Loiseau, on the southern end of the Beaujolais appellation. The grapes come from 40-50-year-old vines planted on terroir of blue stone. The grapes undergo maceration on the skins for 5 days to extract color and fruit. The Syrah grapes are from Roussillon, near the town of Canet, farmed by Vincent Lafage, an organic grower. The grapes come from a young vineyard—the vines are about 10 years old and are located near the sea. The Syrah grapes underwent direct press. Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc grapes hail from Heiligenstein in Alsace from the Goepp family. The grapes were planted on 30-year-old vines in a clay / blue stone terroir. The Sylvaner grapes come from Rosheim, also in Alsace, from a vineyard that is rich in limestone, with 60-year-old vines. The Sylvaner comes from the vineyards of the Dreyer Family. All three varieties undergo direct press together. The Gamay were macerated on the skins, while the Syrah and white grapes underwent direct press, and all varieties were combined before fermentation was completed.
Our pink petnat was bottled in mid-September 2020 and once bottled, fermentation continued, until disgorgement on July 10, 2021. There was no fining, filtering, or SO2 added during any phase of winemaking.
ABV is 11%.
Our Pink Petnat GSP pairs well with charcuterie, grilled salmon, roasted duck and when in season, fresh tomatoes.
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days depending on how close you are to the San Diego, CA area. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of MI, MS, KY and UT. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accept packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.